Floor Expansion Joint Systems
Expansion joint covers are designed to conceal areas where movement occurs within structures. Buildings are designed to move due to pressures from long-term shrinkage, thermal expansion, contraction of the structure and seismic activity. Our floor expansion joint systems are suitable for applications with small interior joints and are suitable for most floor finishes. The end result is minimal visual impact and minimal interruption to the continuity of flooring. Our experts have engineered joint solutions so that architects don't have to worry about compromised aesthetics, and they are suitable for thermal and seismic applications. Our expansion joint cover systems have minimal sight lines and high load ratings.
SELECTING FLOOR EXPANSION JOINTS
Buildings are built with intentional gaps to handle the natural shifting and movement from nature…these gaps are architectural expansion joints. When designing your building, there are three main types of movement to consider: thermal, seismic and wind sway.
- Thermal – Changes in temperature cause buildings to expand and contract which can leave you with disfigured or broken flooring components which could result in damage to your building structure and design.
- Seismic – Earthquakes and other seismic events cause movement and swaying for an architectural structure. If your building is in a seismic zone, you will need to accommodate the movement with larger joint widths and the correct covers.
- Wind Sway – Tall buildings and structures with a large surface area are affected by wind sway that pushes against the building and causes tilt or swaying motions.
Standard, Moderate and Heavy Duty are designations as they relate to load ratings. These are provided as a guideline to assist in making a preliminary product selection for a given application.
- Standard – Standard suggests use in common applications such as a typical office setting or other spaces where pedestrian traffic or occasional rubber-wheeled traffic like mail carts and light-weight cleaning equipment are most common.
- Moderate – Moderate suggests applications where occasional heavier maintenance equipment with soft rubber tires (such as gurneys, light duty scissor lifts, motorized cleaning equipment, etc.) would be added to the standard traffic. The systems in this category are comprised of heavier aluminum extrusions, with thicker walled extruded rubber inserts.
- Heavy Duty – Heavy Duty is for applications where truly heavy loads (such as vehicles) or high-point loads (such as mobile medical equipment, coin carts, materials handling equipment, etc.) are the norm. They are capable of multi-directional movements and are also available in surface or block out mounted variations.
Download this useful product brochure with detailed information about this product range.
- Detailed information.
- Full range.
Fill the required form to get information about the Spec Sheet.
Fill the require form to get the information for the Cad/Revit.
Download our warranty information sheet for this product range.
Fill the form to get the information for the Manual Installation.
Do you want a quote for this product? Please submit your enquiry and our team will get in touch with you soon to organise a quote.
Related Interior Expansion Joint Products
Want more health care ideas??
Click here for the best ‘50 Inspiring Health Care Interior Design Ideas’